We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. And as such, all attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, instructors, attendees, volunteers, media, show contractors and staff are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner before, during and after the event when communicating with each other to ensure a positive experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and courteous to others.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials and speech.
- Refrain from wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, or otherwise potentially offensive.
Unacceptable behavior & materials include, but are not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Horseplay, Roughhousing or any other behavior deemed unsafe.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Venue.
- Falsely identifying yourself by wearing an event badge other than your own.
- Suitcasing or solicitating event attendees without having a booth at the event.
- Unethical, illegal or disruptive conduct such as tampering with another party’s exhibit or engaging in corporate espionage.
- Taking photos of another exhibitor’s booth, products or display without permission.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If any event participant engages in unacceptable behavior, WHMA/IPC may take any action they deem appropriate, including expulsion from the event without warning or refund.
Unacceptable behavior by exhibitors or exhibitor personnel will also be subject to the following:
- Company will be moved to the end of the space selection process for the following year’s event (regardless of the lottery number drawn).
- Company may be barred from exhibiting altogether for the following year’s event.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in WHMA/IPC’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the WHMA/IPC representatives on-site will be final.
What to do if you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behavior
All such actions should be reported to WHMA/IPC Show Management immediately. All reports will remain completely confidential.
In any emergency situation please call the authorities immediately via the venue’s house phones.